Advent Evening of Prayer and Reflection (Dec. 5 @ 6:30pm)
Come spend a quiet evening in candlelit St. Patrick Church with a reflection on the O antiphons of Advent through Scripture, prayer, reflections, and haunting music. This event is Sunday, December 5 at 6:30pm. Reservations are not required.
Advent by Candlelight (Dec. 7 @ 6:30pm)
Ladies, would you like to spend an evening with old friends and new in a lovely candlelit atmosphere, with beautifully decorated holiday tables? Then Advent by Candlelight at the Beach House on Tuesday, December 7 at 6:30pm is something you’ll enjoy. The Beach House will provide the food with a cash bar. Cost is $20.00. To make a reservation, please contact Margaret Hickman by phone at (217) 429-1865 or text (217) 855-4608 or email [email protected] Would you like to decorate one of those holiday tables? To volunteer for a table, contact Donna Dausman at (217) 433-0807 or [email protected] Please include Advent by Candlelight in your message, so we know it’s not spam.
Welcome Back to Mass
Watch/Read Bishop Paprocki's new guidance on mask and vaccine mandates in our diocese: Click Here to Watch/Read Statement
All Catholics in the Diocese of Springfield are obligated to attend Mass - the Dispensation for Mass has ended.
At Saints James and Patrick Parish, we enter into relationship with God through the sacraments, prayer, and stewardship. We invite you to Join Our Parish community so you can experience God's eternal love.
St. James 4:00pm
St. Patrick 5:30pm
St. James 8:30am
St. Patrick 10:15am
8:00am & 12:10pm (St. Patrick)
6:00pm (St. James)
Beauty Series - St. Patrick
Click the following link to access the ministry scheduling program, or you can also access the program in the ‘Parish Life’ dropdown at the top of this webpage.
Saint of the Day
Here is Franciscan Media's Saint of the Day.
Empower IL Tax Credit Scholarship
The Illinois bishops have written a letter to the Catholic faithful, urging them to take action to save the Tax Credit Scholarship program at the Statehouse. Click Here to read the letter.
Synod on Synodality
Pope Francis formally opened the first phase of the Synod on Synodality with a Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica on Oct. 10. The plan is for a series of regional, national, and international meetings that will lead up to the Sixteenth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops in October 2023, whose theme is “For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation, and Mission.”
Click Here to read Bishop Paprocki’s online column regarding the Synod on Synodality:
Protecting God's Children - Online
1. Click Here to access the Virtus portal.
2. Click 'First-Time Registrant' and follow the registration process.
3. Do not register for a live session; just select 'Continue' at the bottom of the page.
4. Once your registration is submitted for approval, email [email protected] to inform her that you need access to the online training module. You'll receive an email when the module is assigned to you. Login to your Virtus account to complete the training. You'll receive a certificate when you finish, and your training will be recorded in the diocesan database.
Our parish has subscribed to Augustine Institute’s formed.org to provide you access to thousands of faith-based online resources. All you need is an email address to sign up. Here are the instructions:
1) Click the ‘Sign Up’ button on the front page.
2) Click ‘I Belong to a Parish or Organization’, and then enter the name of our parish.
3) Enter your name and email address, and you’re all set!
Safe Environment Report
The Diocese of Springfield is committed to continue our efforts to work in partnership with local agencies to prevent any child from being abused or neglected. We also seek to bring about healing where abuse has occurred. Click Here to make a Safe Environment Report.
- Fr. Chris Comerford, Pastor
- Fr. John C Burnette, Pastor Emeritus (in private residence)
- Anita Olson, Office Manager
- Robin Canary, Office Assistant
- Sue Miller, Ministry Scheduler
- Tom Prior, Parish Communications
- Carla Hahn, Financial Secretary
- Pete Brosamer, Maintenance Manager
- Nick Blackburn, School Principal
- Michelle Gillespie, School Secretary
- Kate Tiemann, Organist