Welcome Back to Mass
All Catholics in the Diocese of Springfield are now obligated to attend Mass - the Dispensation for Mass has ended.
Bishop Paprocki's entire letter is on the diocesan webpage: Click Here to Read Letter
Empower IL Tax Credit Scholarship
The Illinois bishops have written a letter to the Catholic faithful, urging them to take action to save the Tax Credit Scholarship program at the Statehouse. Click Here to read the letter.
Tony Vespa Alzheimer's Care
Shortly after retiring in 2017, at the age of 51, Tony was diagnosed with Alzheimers. He is currently in the severe stages of the disease. Lara is still teaching full time at St. Patrick School and trying to keep Tony home as long as possible. Lara has found a caregiver to come into their home. It is not the nature of the Vespa family to share their struggles or ask for assistance, but financial assistance is needed. All donations will go directly to the Vespa family for immediate and future healthcare needs. Click the link below to donate:
If you write a check and bring it to the parish, the check should be made out to: Lara Reed-Vespa FBO Tony Vespa
At Saints James and Patrick Parish, we enter into relationship with God through the sacraments, prayer, and stewardship. We invite you to Join Our Parish community so you can experience God's eternal love.
Beauty Series - St. Patrick
St. James 4:00pm
St. Patrick 5:30pm
St. James 8:30am
St. Patrick 10:15am
8:00am & 12:10pm (St. Patrick)
6:00pm (St. James)
Click the following link to access the ministry scheduling program, or you can also access the program in the ‘Parish Life’ dropdown at the top of this webpage.
Saint of the Day
Here is Franciscan Media's Saint of the Day.
Protecting God's Children - Online
1. Click Here to access the Virtus portal.
2. Click 'First-Time Registrant' and follow the registration process.
3. Do not register for a live session; just select 'Continue' at the bottom of the page.
4. Once your registration is submitted for approval, email [email protected] to inform her that you need access to the online training module. You'll receive an email when the module is assigned to you. Login to your Virtus account to complete the training. You'll receive a certificate when you finish, and your training will be recorded in the diocesan database.
Our parish has subscribed to Augustine Institute’s formed.org to provide you access to thousands of faith-based online resources. All you need is an email address to sign up. Here are the instructions:
1) Click the ‘Sign Up’ button on the front page.
2) Click ‘I Belong to a Parish or Organization’, and then enter the name of our parish.
3) Enter your name and email address, and you’re all set!
Safe Environment Report
The Diocese of Springfield is committed to continue our efforts to work in partnership with local agencies to prevent any child from being abused or neglected. We also seek to bring about healing where abuse has occurred. Click Here to make a Safe Environment Report.
- Fr. Chris Comerford, Pastor
- Fr. John C Burnette, Pastor Emeritus (in private residence)
- Anita Olson, Office Manager
- Robin Canary, Office Assistant
- Sue Miller, Ministry Scheduler
- Tom Prior, Parish Communications
- Carla Hahn, Financial Secretary
- Pete Brosamer, Maintenance Manager
- Nick Blackburn, School Principal
- Michelle Gillespie, School Secretary
- Kate Tiemann, Organist