St. Patrick Grade School offers quality, faith-based education for students in preschool through 8th grade. The school is state recognized, and every teacher is state certified. School-related organizations and services include the following:
- regulates the soccer, basketball and volleyball programs. The association also actively raises funds for equipment, uniforms, and the school playground.
- is dedicated to improving the spiritual and educational opportunities at the school. The association includes teachers and parents. Meetings are held four times a year.
- raises money to help pay for maintaining and upgrading the school facilities. It helps to keep tuition costs low.
- volunteers give their time to assist students and teachers. Help is appreciated in numerous areas including: school office, handyman, library, and classroom assistance; tutoring children; playground supervision; bingo at the KC Hall on Sunday evenings; spring auction; Scout troops (Girl, Boy or Cub).
Families of Faith is how we educate and form children and their families not enrolled in our parish school.
Scripture Study is an opportunity for adults to increase their understanding of the Bible. Watch the bulletin for announcements of dates and times.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- sessions prepare adults wishing to join the Catholic Church through the sacrament of Baptism. The program also prepares those already baptized to complete their initiation through the sacraments of Confirmation and/or Eucharist. Weekly sessions begin in August and are held on Tuesday evenings at the Parish House at St. James. Reception of the sacraments occurs at the Easter Vigil in the spring.
- preparation sessions are offered to baptized young people in grades 7 and 8. Preparations for this sacrament include class sessions, a retreat, service work, and interviews with the pastor. Eligible students enrolled in Ss. James and Patrick Parish Families of Faith or St. Patrick Grade School will receive signup information in class. Other students of Confirmation age wishing to be confirmed should contact the parish office.
- classes for parents wishing to have an infant or small child baptized are offered on an individual basis. Contact the priest or deacon to make arrangements.
- sessions for couples desiring to be married in the Church are offered at several locations around the diocese, including our parish. Contact the diocese for further information at www.dio.org/familylife